No books available at this time
Facing the Fear of Backlash
Have you ever wanted to speak up, ask for a raise or a promotion but was afraid of a backlash? Let’s talk about women in the workforce and dig into social and economic penalties they might face for exhibiting behavior that is counter to gender stereotypes.
TV shows, books, toys, our society at large, all enforce certain expectations from different genders. Women are viewed as caring and great as teachers and nurses, men are perceived as natural leaders and great as engineers and doctors. Even though some organizations relentlessly try to counter the effects of gender stereotyping, we can’t get away from reality.
Let’s talk about why in certain circumstances we are afraid to act, what potential consequences of our actions and in-actions are, and how we can proceed with asking what we want and deserve without the fear of backlash.
At times we can prevent it, sometimes we can off-set it and others times it will be completely out of our control. You will learn how to get out of the ‘fight-flight-freeze’ cycle when encountered with backlash, and proceed with your asks while subsiding your fear.
- Learn social & economic penalties associated with backlash
- Techniques and actionable plan to gain confidence
- Tools to employ when encountered with backlash
Every Program Purchase Includes
- Gear Checks and Final Systems Check: Your Geniecast Experience Specialist will test the audio, video, and internet connection for your primary location as well as the Genie (Presenter).
- Expert Feature Management: Customized features are available to Cast participants per Client specification.
- Live Technical Support: We’re with you every step of the way to ensure a smooth end-to-end Cast experience.