How to Attract a Great Book Agent
Have a great idea for a book? Have you always wanted to become a published author?
To get your manuscript, or even just a proposal, in front of key decision makers at the big publishing houses, you need a book agent—an established one, with a good track record. Someone who knows how to sell your idea and get you an advance—which can be in four, five, or even six figures. (New York Magazine called it “the new literary lottery.”)
The problem: Countless people are barraging agents with queries, pitches, calls, and emails. The best agents simply can’t, and won’t, look at everything that comes across their desks.
So how do you buck the trend?
Josh Levs knows. At all three points in his life that he considered writing a book, he immediately got respected, well known book agents—not by chasing after them, but by getting himself in a position to have them seek out him. He calls it The Magnet Approach.
And when Levs decided to go “all in” on a book proposal, his agent got him a book deal—even without a manuscript. Along with the deal came an advance much bigger than the average for first-time authors. Now his book, “All In,” is internationally acclaimed, award-winning, and credited with helping trigger a revolution.
In this program, Levs will spill the secrets, taking you through the steps to attracting a great book agent.
He’ll also talk you through the process of writing and navigating the publishing industry. And he’ll warn you about the pitfalls to watch out for and the unscrupulous people who try to take advantage of aspiring writers.
– How to get the right agents to notice you
– When you need an agent, and when you don’t
– The inside stories on how to get published
Every Program Purchase Includes
- Gear Checks and Final Systems Check: Your Geniecast Experience Specialist will test the audio, video, and internet connection for your primary location as well as the Genie (Presenter).
- Expert Feature Management: Customized features are available to Cast participants per Client specification.
- Live Technical Support: We’re with you every step of the way to ensure a smooth end-to-end Cast experience.