Intrapreneurship: Driving Innovation from Within
“Innovation” brings to our mind the maverick entrepreneur who quits their job, at unimaginable odds, to build a business on their own. The business leaders we most admire—Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett, Oprah Winfrey—follow remarkably similar paths. They left school or a career; they were passionate to solve a problem; they faced daunting hurdles; they fought through a jungle of disbelief, self-doubt, and sometimes betrayal; and ultimately, they came out smiling on the other end.
But this entrepreneurial story is a myth.
Kaihan argues that intrapreneurs—employees who incubate new businesses within corporations—have had a far greater impact on the world. Nearly all of the most transformative innovations over the past three decades, from e-mail and the Internet to DNA sequencing and MRI scans, were introduced by employees who did not quit their jobs but instead took the challenge of innovating from within.
Drawing on in-depth research of hundreds of successful innovators soon to be released in his next book, “Change the World Without Quitting Your Job,” Kaihan outlines the seven key steps to drive innovation inside your organization:
1. Shift your mindset
2. Build a strategic idea filter
3. Generate disruptive IDEAS
4. Embrace the New Lean: run a strategic experiment
5. Construct a business model that disrupts the competition, but not yourself
6. Apply political acumen to rally a groundswell of support
7. Rapidly scale with an agile team
You will learn:
– How to navigate organizational barriers and deploy new and disruptive ideas
– How shift your organizational mindset and culture to challenge the outdated status quo
– How to assemble an agile team to drive growth
– The New Lean—a process for agile experimentation
– How to tap into the hidden talent of your employees and unlock the value of their ideas into your company
Every Program Purchase Includes
- Gear Checks and Final Systems Check: Your Geniecast Experience Specialist will test the audio, video, and internet connection for your primary location as well as the Genie (Presenter).
- Expert Feature Management: Customized features are available to Cast participants per Client specification.
- Live Technical Support: We’re with you every step of the way to ensure a smooth end-to-end Cast experience.