Technology and Informatics in the 21st Century
This keynote or course topic deals with the rapidly changing world in terms of technologies and the affects on human beliefs and behavior.
This program speaks to the IoT world we live in and how it affecting humans from recruiting and radicalizing terrorists to campaigning and communicating for politicians. Computer mediated communications are only one topic discussed in this program as the changing technology includes issues like digital exhaust which has helped police solve crimes in ways unimagined, the class will gain a new perspective on the threats to wetware (human users) and social engineering, and the threats over the horizon from 3D printers, nanotechnologies, bio-technologies, and robotics.
The class will explore the future of technologies and the threat they pose to an open and democratic society and the implications that governments will have no choice but to restrict the use of these disruptive technologies in order to manage social order.
- Emerging technologies and the affects on human behavior
- Use of technologies by both bad guys and good guys
- The world in 2050 - will there be room for democracy?
Every Program Purchase Includes
- Gear Checks and Final Systems Check: Your Geniecast Experience Specialist will test the audio, video, and internet connection for your primary location as well as the Genie (Presenter).
- Expert Feature Management: Customized features are available to Cast participants per Client specification.
- Live Technical Support: We’re with you every step of the way to ensure a smooth end-to-end Cast experience.